21 March 2012

Spring is here!

According to the Farmer's Almanac, spring started yesterday, and I'm so glad.  There will be no more snowstorms this year, the driveway luge track will melt, and the grass will start to green up.  Look!  It's already happening:


Yep.  We're having a snowstorm.  The next 10 days, including today, are going to have highs in the 50's, but it hasn't started yet.  The weather channel reports that we've gotten 1.3 inches of snow.


But it's actually more like 3 or 4 inches up here.  I use this deck railing as my snow gauge.  I can see it through the sliding glass door as I sit in my recliner.  Yesterday, there was no snow on the railing. 

This *could* be our last snowstorm of the year, and I was worried that in the middle of the summer, I might feel nostalgic for shivering, so I got us dressed and we went outside to enjoy the day.



I took my glasses off for the picture, because they were spotted with snow.  Mimi told me I look like a monster without them.  Uh, okay.  Isn't she sweet? Just loves her mommy.

Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, hit 80 yesterday, little cooler today, maybe even a thunderstorm. Man, i'm already sick and tired of this hot weather.....(snicker, snicker) SWAT!!! darn mosquitos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, did I forget to mention that I live in WISCONSIN??? This weather is unreal and we are all basking in it...
    Hope your weather improves soon. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the farmer's almanac is good for is writing your passwords in! Glad to see u are finally (?) Having spring :-)

    ReplyDelete