15 May 2012

What's going on at Half Moon Farms + Porter!

I just went outside to take some pictures of the progress on the farm, and as I was putting on my sandals on the porch, I heard a loud rusting in the trees on the other side of the driveway.  For some reason, I didn't look up until I had my sandals on.  One day, my inability to unfocus on something that I am doing, and refocus on something else will probably kill me, but today I was lucky, because it was only 2 deer crashing through the trees.   It's not like I'd be able to run away faster with my sandals on, since they are completely broken, and I can't even walk downhill in them without them falling apart.  But I love them. 

I am happy to announce that there have been no bear sightings yet this year.  But baby deer season is approaching quickly.  Prepare yourselves for a cute overload, because I hope in the next month or so to have pictures of the summer fawns.  In the meantime, you will have to feast on the deliciousness that is Porter, the most delecatable 1 year old on the planet:


He's much cuter and more interesting than pictures of my seedlings, but since you are already here, you might as well keep scrolling down. 



Sweet peas


Cucumbers


Tomatoes


Porkchop.  I have no idea how that got in there.


Shallots



Garlic


Row after row of spinach-lings.....Mimi's favorite


My miracle hot pepper plant, which self-pollinated during winter, survived replanting in the garden, only to get burned by frost last week, even though I covered it.  I also lost 8 beautiful tomato plants, also covered. 



Baby sugar bush watermelons.  This will be the first crop, planted about 3 weeks ago inside.  I also planted a half-plot of seeds yesterday. 


And a prolific field of potatoes.  Just kidding.  They haven't sprouted yet. 

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment